Powered By Blogger

Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Silly things

Everyone has his day and way of finding ways to avoid.Well what I am talking about is the instances when we have made up some story/done something in-order to avoid a particular situation/place/individual.
When I remember my engineering days, I still remember how I gave up having tiffin during lunch time , just because I was not in talking terms with the friend who used to share my tiffin!And thus landing myself into some gastric problem!And the friend, who made every possible move to avoid me, be it boarding the wrong bus the moment he saw me approaching the bus stand, or moving to the next desk in an almost cyclonic fashion the moment he realized that it was my bag placed beside his desk :)
Lol...how much of effort really went into that!!It took 7 months for us to be back to talking terms.And seriously now it feels really so silly.And then how can I forget those 7 days when I had a serious fight with my best friend because he had skillfully painted a nice, blue moustache on the newly bought barbie printed bag that my dad so fondly gifted to me! It was perhaps one of the most difficult 7 days of my life that I can remember..how difficult it can get if you know the person in and out, you spend almost entire time together and just one day changes everything! And yes we patched up later- and those 7 days still remain as sweet, silly  little moments of life to cherish. 
The list is endless.Everyone has them.Taking the longer route, intentionally delaying or hurrying up , hiding himself in bathroom/under the quilt and what not. And these little things have been both to avoid people and sometimes to catch up with people too.For me , one such instance used to be when I would take the longer, break journey including a 2 km walk  from Scottish Church college to ensure that I spend more time with my friends.
When seen these things in view of present, they really seem so important to us and we spend so much effort to observe people or take stock of situations, sometimes harming ourselves too.But every time I look back and think, they seem to be just trivial and funny things of life and I wonder how much time and effort we spend in all these trivialities which may sometimes defer our vision from other more important things.

No comments:

Post a Comment